In this installment of the 2017-18 Perspectives on Leadership speaker series, we examine civic leadership in the context of the legal services profession which includes legal assistance clinics, public defenders, advocacy law, and pro bono work. The panel is co-sponsored by the Law School’s Public Interest Institute. Members of the panel include:
- Bradley Hargett, Assistant, Public Defender, Tuscaloosa County
- Glory McLaughlin, Assistant Dean for Public Interest Law, UA School of Law
- Richard Rice, Attorney/Founder, The Rice Firm, LLC.
- Jessica Vosburgh, Director, Adelante Alabama Worker Center & Staff Attorney, National Day Laborer Organizing Network
- Panel Discussion (5:00-6:00pm)
All UA students, faculty and staff (no RSVP required)
- Private Dinner and Q&A Session (6:30-7:30pm)
Blackburn Students, Fellows, and Advisory Board members (RSVP required by 5:00pm on Monday, October 9, 2017)
Attire: Business casual.