Starting in 2017, a new classification was created to allow for recent graduates to serve on the Blackburn Institute’s Advisory Board. These board members must fulfill all obligations of serving on the Advisory Board, including the payment of annual dues to support student programming. In order to minimize this financial commitment, other Advisory Board members are asked to contribute to a matching fund for student donations; if students reach $250 in donations, this will be matched by Advisory Board members, eliminating this financial commitment.
To contribute to this fund, give online and include “Recent Grad AB Member” on the tribute line. Additionally, checks may be made payable to “The University of Alabama” with “Recent Grad AB Member” on the memo line. Mail checks to the following address:
- The University of Alabama
ATTN: Blackburn Institute
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
- Graduated in the December preceding January nominations or will be graduating in the May or August following January nominations
- Met all requirements to be pinned as a Fellow at time of graduation
- Attend the spring and fall advisory board meetings (immediately preceding the Annual Networking Dinner and Annual Symposium);
- Organize graduating students and solicit for a senior class gift to the Statewide Action and Fellows Support Fund;
- Pay the balance of any dues ($500 for those under 35 years of age) not covered by the senior class gift (up to $250) and anticipated matching gift from a current advisory board member or fellow; and
- All other expectations of other advisory board members.
Up to three nominations are forwarded to the advisory board for consideration and selection of one new member each April for a term to begin in the following January.
Recent Graduate Advisory Board Members and Terms
- Lita Waggoner (2022-2024 – Term begins January 1, 2022)
- Ben Leonard (2021-2023)
- Alli Koszyk (2020-2022)
- Pat Reynolds (2019-21)
- Mary Lieb (2018-20)