A pilot Perspectives on Leadership Series monthly lecture series was launched as part of the Blackburn Institute’s programming for 2016-17. Events were structured as 45-minute lectures, with 15 minutes for Q&A sessions, that were open to all UA students; these were followed by a 1-hour private dinners and discussions with students from the Blackburn Institute. The series was designed to introduce students to diverse points of view on leadership. Guests will come from a variety of sectors and professional industries and share their experiences as leaders working to improve the state of Alabama.
Perspectives on Leadership Events
- October – The Forgotten Creeks with Advisory Board member Justin Stabler
- October – Environmental, Social & Corporate Governance (ESG) with Fellows Johnjerica Hodge (2009), Andrew Nix (2001), and India Williams (2006)
- October – Judicial Panel with Fellow Judge Kimberly Anderson (2008), Advisory Board member Justice Sue Bell Cobb, and Advisory Board member Judge Chuck Price
- September – Entrepreneurship Panel with Fellow Samarria Dunson (2002), Advisory Board member and Fellow Dr. Mark Martin (2000), Fellow Jennifer Mims (2001), and Advisory Board member and Fellow Joan Smith (2007)
- October – Exploring Alabama Podcasts Panel with Kevin Halbrook, Advisory Board member and Fellow John Hammontree (2008), Dr. Marquette Jones, and Fellow Will Sorrell (2013)