Considered the heart of the Blackburn experience, this annual, two-day symposium brings students, fellows, advisory board members, as well as respected community and state leaders together to hear speakers, participate in round-table discussions, and determine plans of action.
- 2022 Annual Symposium – August 26-27, 2022
Opening Keynote Speaker, Dr. Mae Jemison; Closing Keynote Speakers, Mr. Nick Sellers and Mr. Jonathan Porter
- 2020 Annual Symposium – August 28-29, 2020
Keynote Speakers, Dr. Selwyn Vickers (opening speaker) and Mr. Derrick Johnson (closing speaker)
- 2019 Annual Symposium and 25th Anniversary Celebration – August 23-24, 2019
Keynote Speaker, Mr. Jimmy Wales
- 2017 Annual Symposium – August 25-26, 2017
Keynote Speakers, Mr. Paul Rogat Loeb (opening speaker) and Mr. Bryan Stevenson (closing speaker)
- 2015 Annual Symposium – August 28-29, 2015
Keynote Speaker, Mrs. Lilly Ledbetter
This program is generously funded by donations from supporters to The Gloria and John L. Blackburn Academic Symposium Endowed Support Fund and The Frank A. Nix Endowed Memorial Lectureship.