The Fellow of the Year Award was created in 2021 by the Fellows Officers to amplify and celebrate Blackburn Fellows’ extensive leadership and civic engagement work and recognize one Fellow per year who exemplifies the Institute’s values.
- Nominations open: Beginning at the annual Spring Networking Dinner, Fellows may self-nominate, or they may be nominated by students, other Fellows, Advisory Board Members, or Blackburn Society Members. A nomination email requires the nominee name and contact information.
- Nominations deadline: Nomination emails must be received by mid-June.
- Applications: The nominated Fellow or their nominator completes the Fellow of the Year Award Qualtrics application by the beginning of July.
- Award selection: A panel formed from the Blackburn Advisory Board Executive Committee and Fellows Officers meet to review the applications and select the award recipient in mid-July.
- Award announcement: The Fellow of the Year Award recipient is announced each year at Annual Symposium.
Fellow of the Year Recipients
- 2021 – Rev. Dr. Robert Turner
- 2022 – Mr. Dana Sweeney