Blackburn students can be awarded stipends of up to $1,000 each to offset the cost of Alabama state or DC-based federal government internships with elected or appointed officials. The Institute is able to offer these stipends through the Drummond Company Government Travel Experience and the Vulcan Materials Company Government Experience Endowed Support Funds.
Applications for the stipend must be submitted via Qualtrics. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Recipients are acknowledged at the Spring Networking Dinner and stipends will be credited to the student’s account. Please see the list below of previous student awardees and their internships.
- Hannah Adams – Rep. Mike Kelly
- Savannah Berryman – Rep. Dale Strong
- Cassie Childress – Gov. Kay Ivey
- Zach Johnson – Rep. Dale Strong
- Makayla Jordan – Rep. Terri Sewell
- Peyton Keen – House Committee on Homeland Security
- Preston McGee – Sen. Tommy Tuberville
- Lilly Noble – Sen. Roger Wicker
- Nick Tolbert – Alabama House of Representatives Rural Caucus
- Taylor DiCicco – House Committee on Veterans’ Affairs
- Trinity Hunter – Alabama House Democratic Caucus Office
- Peyton Keen – Rep. Mark Green and Rep. Bill Posey
- Emma Kenny – Sen. Richard Shelby
- John Pace – Rep. Robert Aderholt
- Kaila Pouncy – Rep. Terri Sewell
- Amelia Pugh – Rep. Robert Aderholt
- John Richardson – Rep. Gary Palmer
- Walt Shelton – Rep. Robert Aderholt
- Sally Grace Shettles – Rep. Eric Swalwell